PUPIL ACTIVITY 8a
8a. LIVING GRAPHS - HYDROGRAPHS
Living Graphs: Storm Hydrographs
1. Luke's new hall carpet is ruined as the water comes in under the door.
2. Water starts to drip from the ceiling of the old barn onto the young calves.
3. Tom looks out of the window at the storm.
4. Jean decides to plant her cabbages because the soil conditions are perfect.
5. The canoe race is restarted, as the river level is now safe.
6. Jim and Lucy hear a flood warning on the radio and place sandbags by the door.
7. The football referee is deciding whether the match should be postponed.
8. The old bridge at Singleton is reopened again.
9. The canoe race is cancelled.
10. Dan is enjoying the sunshine in the garden, but he knows Helen will not be happy with the mud on his shoes!
11. James and Naeema decide to go out for a Sunday afternoon walk. James hates the rain.
|On the graph the line is for discharge and the bars represent rainfall|
created by Nucleated Technology